Export from Delftship to Michlet

Discussion in 'Software' started by fredschmidt, Mar 30, 2010.

1. fredschmidt

fredschmidt Naval Architect

Rick

"I was basing that Lwl on the information provided earlier per the attached."

Sorry Rick, during this time I do modifications. The actual is that profile that I attached latter.

Well, the problem is:

The exported files from Delftship to Michlet are wrong when the transom is above DWL, the software see the latest submerged station like a submerged transom and by this way Michlet calculations are not correct for the real boat.

For me do not have much importance because my boats are RC boats about 1 m length, but for real boats, designers can make erroneous previsions for theirs designs.

I am very thankful for your replies and the question may be an alert for who use Freeship and Delftship. Both have the problem.

Thanks very much and yours replies was very important for me.

Best regards

Fred

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.