Expert seeking expert to bounce prop design ideas off

Discussion in 'Props' started by Chris Drake, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Chris Drake

Chris Drake Junior Member

@jehardiman "AutoCAD" (Fusion360 really) is my "carrier" - the propellers and turbines originate from a particle-swarm + genetic optimisation process, and arrive at my add-in which creates the shapes etc (to suit the requires performance environment and envelope specified by the user) and outputs those to Fusion360 for manufacture.

The unusual rotating "duct" is designed to carry magnets, and marry into a stationary receiver carrying the coils - this is my idea for generating grid-scale HVDC electricity without requiring an underwater substation to transform the output (you can't move AC under the ocean, and you need extremely high voltages to reach an economic payoff on long cable runs). The turbine is a scale model of one of a number of elements in an ocean-current system to harvest 15MW out of a continuous 3kt flow, 100km offshore.

@Mr Efficiency - Have you seen modern omni-wheels? As you get deeper into practically any subject, you discover that what everyone *thinks* is "state of the art" more often than not turns out to be lies, cheating, "near enough", and otherwise garbage: *very* little of what we use today is anywhere near optimal - I see it everywhere in Cyber-Security and Medicine, and it seems to be everywhere in Aviation as well (Celera 500 is an excellent example - compare its number to every other propeller plane out there).

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Another load of baloney. I am still waiting for you to come up with the amount we are wagering; remember I accepted your challenge. Your post is a jumble of nonsense, conspiracy theories and self-pity. A forum full of engineers is the wrong venue for your rants. Try the aluminum foil hat forum.

3. Chris Drake

@gonzo - one day when you grow up, you'll discover I was right. For now, enjoy your naivety. If you want to enjoy something near-perfect, go download my add-in and see what it produces. There's 8 years of research in that, and yes, I'm an actual real engineer with a University degree to prove it. You're not an engineer - so do not pretend. Waging over "High Friction" in a 3kt turbine flow is absurd and ignorant.

Do not reply. go play in Quora if you need to troll people.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You offered the wager so it means you are calling yourself absurd and ignorant. By the way, if you show me your engineering diploma I will show you mine (2 of them) and the 30+ technical certificates.

5. Chris Drake

What part of THREE KNOTS does your brain not comprehend ? Do you even know what a kt *is* ?

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Are we having a tantrum and resorting to yelling and bad punctuation?
    Is your wager withdrawn :rolleyes:?