Experienced Naval Architecture Wanted

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Guest, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Experienced Naval Architecture wanted by Antibes (southern France) naval architecture office. Must be able to intervene at all stages of large pleasure yacht projects including construction supervision. In-depth knowledge of the superyacht industry essential. Send C.V. to fax +33 (0) 493 679 761 or email mail@espenoeino.com or oeino@compuserve.com

2. jyothilalgopi

jyothilalgopi Jyothilal. P. Gopi

Resume for the post of Naval Architect

Jyothilal. P. Gopi,
    Naval Architect,
    Mobile : 00971+50+3516781.

Sub : Resume for the post of Naval Architect.

Dear Sir,
    As an experienced Naval Architect more than 5 years, I have been looking for an opportunity to work with a creative group of engineers & widen my knowledge & experience in more sophisticated areas of Naval Architecture in design / production / survey / supervision.

I completed my B.Tech Degree in Naval Architecture & Ship Building Technology in First Class from Dept. of Ship Technology (DOST) in Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT) Kerala, India.
    I have also completed PGDCA, 18 Months Part Time Course & passed Microsoft Certified Professional Exam in Implementing and Supporting Windows NT Server 4.0 to be recognized as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP). I have in depth knowledge of Computer concepts, Languages, AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Ship Design Softwares & 3D Studio Model Designing.

I started my profession in Matha Marines, a ship-designing consultants in Kerala, India & I worked 3.7 Years with them. The tenure at Matha Marines has helped me immensely to understand the practical side of ship design. I am experienced in designing Inland /Coastal (Oil Tanker/Dry/Container) Vessels, Catamarans (GRP Hull), sea going inboard /Outboard engine GRP speedboats, and also capable of ship repair estimations, planning and supervisions.

In March 2002, I joined Institute of Maritime Studies (IMS), Goa as Lecturer in Naval Architecture & also worked as a Consultant for Chowgule Shipyard Pvt. Ltd.,Goa. I am also responsible of setting up of ISBT Naval Architect Consultancy cell with three Naval Architects and was the team player of the cell. My experience in IMS and the Cell equipped me to update my knowledge and strengthening my fundamentals in theoretical aspects of Naval Architecture.

At present, I am employed in Archirodon Constructions (Overseas) Co, S.A a multinational company in UAE, as Naval Architect (Dredging Division). My work area includes Estimation, Budget preparation, repairing, class renewals, bringing to class, maintenance & modification works on vessels ranging from 22 M to 84 M in length.

I am sure that, I will be able to offer the best and also efficiently support the activities in your esteemed organization. Thanking you in anticipation of a favorable response.

Sincerely yours,

Jyothilal. P. Gopi.

Attached Files:

3. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

Speaking as someone who has placed help wanted ads here:

Just as a note to the many on this board who reply to these ads with a post;

It is probably wiser to reply directly to the poster however directed in the ad. Recruiters, especially, often post in many places and may not ever return to see if they have a reply. In other cases (as US federal jobs) there is a specified system with automatic resume generation and so on.

If you are interested in a job, follow the directions given in the post to reply.

Though I'm sure that though no one minds seeing your reply, the one person you want to see it may not.

Good luck in your job search.

That said, could the folks that run this board put on a place for recruiters, etc. to offer links to their boards, and / or perhaps set aside a place for folks to post their resumes?

Thanks