heat load calculations

Discussion in 'Software' started by thomask, Oct 14, 2003.

1. thomask

thomask Guest

I want to use a building load analysis software to calculate HVAC requirements on a 130 ft motor yacht. I want to use WrightSoft CommercialSuite. I have used this on buildings and it does a good job of handling infiltration and internal loads along with transmission and solar gains. Has anyone used thermal load analysis software such as this one or Elite?

I know that my convective losses will be higher than standard because of relative wind speed but I think I can use this as a good tool for an HVAC design.

I would appreciate anyone's comments on this application.

Tom Ask

2. Guest

Guest Guest

SNAME

SNAME has a couple of T&R bulletins with the methods and coefficients used for ships. They work quite well.

I've always used ship specific software, not building software, so I don't know about the latter.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.