Experience with AeroMarine Research Program

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hypercat, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Hypercat

Hypercat Junior Member

Has anybody used the TBPD program of AeroMarine and what is your opinion of it ? Pros and cons please... Thanks

2. nevd

nevd Junior Member

Aeormarine experience

I was reluctant to respond, but since you have had no replies, thought I should give my experience.

I purchased an earlier version approx 8 months ago and was disappointed with stability with windows XP and what appeared to be inbuilt formula errors. A replacement CD was a little better in both respects, but when I told Jim I was still not satisfied, he gave me a full refund. There have been a few upgrades since mine, so my experience may no longer be relevant.

Hope this is of value.

nevd

3. fastpowerboats

fastpowerboats Junior Member

4. Scream And Fly

Scream And Fly www.screamandfly.com

Aeromarine Research's Tunnel Boat Design Program plays a key role in our test boat's performance. We have been using this software for a few years now, and it not only allows us to unlock hidden performance in our STV, but more importantly, it can also help predict danger points in our setup and performance models.

Our STV/Mercury 2.5EFI has run a best of 131.4 MPH, and the performance predictions of our virtual model created by the TBDP are amazing. Our goal for this year is 140 MPH with a full-shifting gearcase on our STV, and we'll be using the Tunnel Boat Design Program every step of the way. I highly recommend it.

Here are some links of interest:

Fine Tuning For The Future - An Evaluation of Aeromarine Research's Tunnel Boat Design Program

[​IMG]

Greg Terzian
    Scream And Fly Magazine - http://www.screamandfly.com/home

5. RealityBoatCo

RealityBoatCo Junior Member

Hi Greg,
    Welcome, Did you get Scream back up and running yet?

6. quest

quest New Member

We at American Offshore have used the Aero Marine software to design the hull for our 37 ft Cat. It is a very good program and allowed us to evaluate many different configurations and compare our final design configuration with those used by other manufactures. It also allowed us to compare our 26 ft and 31 ft hull designs with the similar size hull designs used by our competition. I highly recommend it.
    Art :)

7. I use the program all the time and it’s totally awesome. It has helped me win two National Championships in Mod-U Formula One. I would feel naked without it.

8. Jeffer

Jeffer New Member

Tbdp

I have both the book and software from Aeromarine Research. They are both terrific! If you are trying to squeeze some extra speed out of your existing rig, or looking to evaluate future rigs, this is the ticket. You won't be disapppointed!

9. Alan Power

Alan Power Junior Member

Aeromarine Research

I bought the TBD book some time ago, I recommend taking a look at it.
    Jim has helped me with design in the past and run some dimensions through the program for me, with some very interesting results.
    I plan on building a tunnelboat after I finish some other projects and the TBDP is what I'll use.
    Also Jim is very helpful to anyone needing tech advice and has been more than happy to offer assistance.

Alan

10. Hypercat

Hypercat Junior Member

Aeromarine

thanks to everybody for their responce. I've ordered it and hope it lives up to the standards most of you describe.

11. MN1

MN1 New Member

You will have lots of fun designing your boat. I sure did.
    I designed my APBA OPC Sport C class boat with the software and found it worked very well. I tried to come up with a new design, very different from any other tunnel boat.
    Since this class is cheaper and slower the the other classes, it was a good class to design and build a prototype boat.
    The boat was built exactly as the program said it should be. (wing shape, etc.) Plus a few extras were added. Top speed so far is 63 mph.
    It was lots of fun to design and build.
    I hope you have as much fun as I did!
    Mark Nelson
    Kankakee, IL

Attached Files: