Exofish!....a WIG canoe

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Saqa, May 27, 2021.

1. Saqa

Saqa Senior Member

Chop is not a factor here. What boat do you suggest that can let me launch at 9am, get a couple of coral trout and be back by 12? At the lowest fuel consumption, the easiest storage types things

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

What is the imperative at work that makes it necessary to be out and back in three hours ? And we know fast boats that are tolerable in chop won't run on fumes.

3. CT249

CT249 Senior Member

Sorry for actually trying to discuss extremely relevant considerations, such as whether it's practical...... and sorry for trying to point out that on this forum people are allowed free speech.

Oh, and given the lifting capacity of hot air it doesn't take much number crunching to make it seem very unlikely that an elongated RIB would get a practical amount of lift.

If you're going to ignore practical realities, why not just use Infinite Improbability Drive or fairy dust?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

How does a craft that depends on high speed drop gently straight down?

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That is not true. I asked for a link or documentation supporting your claim that they are considered a boat and no other regulations apply. Instead, I got sarcasm and personal attacks.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.