Vw tdi power steering pump to volvo penta

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by PickleRick, Sep 13, 2018.

1. PickleRick

PickleRick Junior Member

Power steeting pump pressure....a conundrum.

So...my sbc engine has a v belt. My vw has a serpentine....what to do what to do.

Should i just adapt the power assist pressure hose from my volvo penta to my 2.0 diesel motor and call it a day? Im sure there are many sbc and bbc engines out there with napa power steering pumps...but i dont want an epic failure on my hands.

I do not know TDI power steering pressure, it came from and 05 vw passat..the rack and pinion from 1998 to 2005 with both the 4cy and v6 gas motors and the 04/05 diesels are all the same so it's not a diesel specific pressure. I also dont know the aq211a power steering pump pressure(probably zero as her hoses were shot and leaky yet no squealing and steered fine on the demo run) wwbdnd?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.