Weather reports

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Manie B, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Gents where and when can one listen to weather reports on SHORT WAVE RADIO

I was under the impression that BBC had a weather report on short wave on the hour all over the world - a sort of global weather report - but cant find it

I think that some of the Jester guys could listen to a regular weather station on short wave radio

Any ideas ???

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Thanks - excellent link with a zillion other links to a mine field of info :cool:

I walked into a little country store (Babsfontein) the other day to buy a coke and saw this ten dollar cheapy radio on the top shelf covered in dust - the box had never been opened ! Put batteries in and viola I had BBC on shortwave! **** I haven't listened to shortwave since I was a kid many many moons ago. Well now I got FM - MW - and 9 shortwave channels. As a broadband internet junkie I am shocked at how much shortwave transmissions are around - flippen fantastic

I will post the links to the radio stations and times as I come across them

as you can see I modified the knob :D :D :D (marinised it) works like a bomb

also visible is my answer to working in a cold garage
    sherry to warm the cockles of the heart
    lets go and build a boat :D :D :D

Attached Files:

• 215.JPG
      215.JPG
      File size:
      295.4 KB
      Views:
    • 217.JPG
      217.JPG
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.