Europe more dangerouse than USA? (gunshots vs terror threat)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Raggi_Thor, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

You are a naive little person, aren't you?

2. Milan

Milan Senior Member

No I'm not, neither naive, nor little, quite big and strong actually.

3. wardd

wardd Senior Member

to whom do the resources of the earth belong?

4. hoytedow

I am happy for you. Enjoy your health while you can. I still think you are naive of the events that have shaped your world. I rejoice when you become aware.

5. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I assume you're joking, because that's a bit of an oxymoron. Roosevelt was no conservative.

1 person likes this.
  6. hoytedow

Teddy Roosevelt wasn't a conservative. He was a progressive.

7. wardd

wardd Senior Member

don't you think conserving the environment is conservative?

it's called conservation

when i was in germany in the 1960's you couldn't cut down a tree without a permit and they kept the forests clean, in europe they understand that the land is one thing that can't be replaced

and we used to say in germany the towns were 1 kiloton apart

i was in a nuke unit

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Why don't we stick to the definitions everyone is used to, instead of redefining them to suit ourselves?;)

My little brother was in Germany. And for some reason my younger son, who just joined the Army, wants to go to Germany so badly he's considering taking a 'hardship' post for his first duty station, so he can pick his next one and get there.

9. wardd

wardd Senior Member

but todays meaning lacks clarity, I prefer the original meaning, you know the one in the dictionary

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Let's see.... Nope. None of my dictionaries at home, and none I checked on the internet, give the primary definition of the word conservative as 'someone who conserves the environment.'

Can we stop the semantic games now? or are we headed down the rabbit hole with Alice, to talk to Humpty Dumpty: "When I say a word, it means exactly what I want it to mean, neither more nor less."

11. mark775

mark775 Guest

Hoyt, naive, yes I agree with you but he seems coherent and measured and there is so much here I look forward to discussion but now is not the time for me. Milan, I just finished a full day and then a poker tournament. I don't feel up to it but, rest assured, we have a different angle on history. I'll concede now that the people making all of the money in Venezuela shud have hired more poor people and we (by "we", I mean the world and in particular, people of that region - I have no personal stake in Venezuela other than I know many from there and I have a concern for humanity in general) wud not have the disaster we have now in one of the most perfect natural places on Earth. But that is the past. What are they going to do now with all of the drivers of prosperity gone? The poor are also uneducated and the uneducated will listen to the dictator blame it "on the previous administration" (and the US) for a long time. They are practically starving now, have next to no options in the markets, have routine blackouts and not enuf water because of poor planning. Not a dictator, nor any government for that matter, can handle logistics with the efficiency of enterprize. Now, the guy is trying to stretch resouces by confiscating businesses but what do investors do about a government that does that? That's right, they stay away and thereby remove choices from the people and cause them to be poorer. Government is always that way - it makes people poorer. Never, EVER, better off. How's your relation with Wilders, by-the-way? Better get behind him.

12. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

No Boat PieRats in the USA

At least we dont have too many Boat PieRats around here.

Keep that 20 Gage handy to repel boarders

Filthy little redjacketed curmundgeions crawing all over that yacht!

Nothing a little Hot Diesil oil and a flare gun wont take care of

[​IMG]

13. wardd

wardd Senior Member

one who conserves

you use your meaning and I'll use mine and we can each ignore the others meaning

14. hoytedow

Yes, we try to conserve the rights our forefathers fought, bled and died for. We also try to conserve the constitution which guards those rights. Some of us conservatives are also conservationists, probably moreso than many liberals, who seem intent on getting wealthy at any cost, no matter who or what gets harmed in the process.

15. wardd

wardd Senior Member

then why are the "conservatives" always trying to change the constitution if they like it so much?

do liberals run the energy companies?

i fought for rights that is don't recognize in "conservative" circles.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.