Equadhoo Investment Private Limited

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gamage, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korvello

korvello Senior Member

you're welcome GAMAGE ,i'm not on your side necessary just for what's right and fair and as far i can see you're right or mostly !..........did you went to the 17th whatever it was meeting or something or send someone to represent you?.........have they refused to pay you and how much have they paid you so far out of how much ,sorry but some people in this forum needs numbers to make ir clearer and maybe to find out what happen to the money would help too ; maybe not now get your money first and maybe the MALDIVES AUTHORITIES NEED A COPY OF THIS TREAD that would make some people nervous at EQUADHOO to say the least,if not they would at least find out how to build a boat so they could keep builders in check the next time they have a boat to build .:idea::idea: :D

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Probably find that they didn't spend the money because they didn't get it! Overstrectched thenselves before they got that far - a Young director has a certain resposibility, even on an island with only a few roads! you have to have fast cars, fast women and be seen don't you? it's a directors duty - well actually no but from a young mans perspective it is!!

3. korvello

korvello Senior Member

You may have nailed it WALRUS ,it sure was not on the shop ,tools or supplies or even employee acomodations as far as one can see:p

4. gamage

gamage Senior Member

Dear Shamsheer,

Hope you are reading all replies posting to this forum by your man. May be he don’t know what is actually in side your heart. I can feel the stress you have now. And this letter will give you some comfort because I am going to tell the story you are trying to say my dear.
    When you started boat yard you gave all authority to your relation Nasru. And your job was only signing cheque books. At the beginning you recived millions of rupees worth orders, one customer himself placed the order for five units 100’ boats. Nasru don’t know anything abut boatbuilding he talked to carpenters, laminators and gave you ridiculers BOQ under estimated with material cost, and plan to complete boat in 6 months with 6 laminators ,6 carpenters and one supervisor.
    According to his calculations you expected 50 % profit margin and handed over project to carpenter whom you thought to be a boatbuilding expert.
    Then millions of rupees advance you collected and gave signed blank cheques to Maldivian colleges to run your company. They withdrew money hundred thousand, two hundred thousand MRF in one chequ sometimes and nobody knows what happened to this money, because no records, no bills, and no delivery notes nothing are available.
    Foreign tours, marriages with foreign women, 40000 phone bills, you name it they had it for a short period.
    You had only photo copy of general arrangement drawing and no construction drawing, sectional, nothing. Carpenters made mould and time to time people came and went, may be they don’t know how to continue balance only with GA drawing. You paid salary, gave food, gave freedom and the day you received bank statement with Zero balance you woke up.
    It was too late only five mould in moulds in Mheedoo one hull with reinforcements, and deck, other one only with reinforcement, one only with 1st layer, other one just tack reinforcement and fully paid boat only with mould left in Meedhoo and people you trusted left .Nasru kept on ordering material, and play with money and rest of the staff also benefited and you became a victim of your own business.
    When both boat yards failed to delver at least one boat you realized something had gone wrong, and that is why you wanted me to come. But you knew that you have no money to pay my salary??
    From the 1st day I knew what’s going on but I was shocked and deeply sad about your position, So I tried my best to rescue your business, and I continued my work following standard boat building practices .
    Pattern mould your carpenters made had no release angles so I had to modify it. They have no experience about fiberglass mould or production. Can you believe how 10 units of hundred feet boats can complete by such an amateur boat builders???
    No job cards, no requisitions, not a single paper when I toke over your place, I myself updated all documents, did maximum I could to rescue your business but without salary, without material, without workers???????
    Always your stupid Managing director ordered materials out of proportion, 300 rolls mats, and 9 drums resin??? 6 drums form??? End of the month no money to pay salaries????
    Nobody response to email, no discussion you and your partner dreaming in male’
    When things went beyond my control, I gave my resignation but I had sympathy on your situation, you and your partner underestimated my kindness.
    When you say” I have no money, I have to spend money to bring new workers because nobody was there to work, “I accepted all your grievances, I knew that you have no money to pay for hotel for me to stay, so I Slept on that chair.
    You remember the day you went Meedhoo ?even under so much of hardship I gave you all free hand sketches, and explained you how to proceed work

Because I knew that you are in deep trouble on humanitarian grounds I tolerated all difficulties
    That joker you hired to post reply to this forum told that you sent all business correspondence and 10 boats negotiations you send copy to me. What are these things shamsheer??? Did you ever send me such mail???????
    With whom you negotiated I don’t know. And also in Maldives if someone negotiate with you to give a boat order for ten boats he must have been born yesterday night.

I know you wanted to pay my salary but had no money, but how long I can stay?? Your Managing director made an irreversible mistake, when I asked abut my salary on 8th he shouted at me, may be he thought I am another laminator? He made mistakes and you paid the price,
    Why you hired a joker to post reply to this forum... Without court order if some one access to others sky pay or e-mail accounts its violation of international law and crime. In this case he composed dialogs, and involves ministers, businessman all. If Maldivian opposition party demands debate over this allegation let him to go to parliament and provide proof for his comments on this international web forum.
    While working at Maldivian air taxi he admits that he is working for Equedhoo its violation of Maldivian labour law. Give set of CD you have and ask him to watch that “prison break” episode may useful to him.:) :)
    Please come out and tell this forum who played with millions of rupees and let down your business??
    What else I had to do other than giving my resignation when you have no money to pay???
    Did you lose any order because of me???? If so please provide at least documentary conversation with your client?? Whom I don’t know so far
    What are the missing drawings???? You gave me only photo copy of GA drawing you think it’s the most secret drawing in a boat yard???? I have no reason to give your GA drawing to anybody, its an unfounded lie?
    I feel sorry abut you shamsheer, your own people put you in this trouble. Not me. How can I destroy your boat yard in a short period under above conditions?? When I came there it was already in trouble. That is why you have not paid my salary. It’s the truth.

One thing I know you had no money otherwise you pay my salary, but your partner is the most dangerous guy. He never pays salary; his job is cheating workers and customers. Otherwise he never steal 700 $ who collected and gave to him to send one of the poorest boys fathers funeral. They collected money and gave 900$ he sent 200$ only. Why????:mad:

Now the issue is my pay sheet is not signed??? Accountant barrowed money from one of his friends sand came to male’ by boat for three days and you gave 600 MRF bus fair and air ticket to go home without paying two and half months salary, so who could sign my salary sheet???

That Maldivian storekeeper came to male’ to get married he was in male with bride to collect his two months salary. Still not paid?
    Did they try to open new boat yard and divert your business?????
    Enough is enough, I am not angry with you.

“Nahi werani werani samntheed kudacahanen” (hate never seized by hate but by love”)

You wanted to pay my salary but no money to pay because Maldivian people you trusted let down your business. Still they are doing it. I told everybody what you have to say shamsheer.

GOD BLESSES YOU.

PS, Your predictions abut payments of salaries has no value. Its common joke common Equdhoo staff every Thursday is a payment day then Thursday your phone is switched off. How many days you promise to me and Sri Lankan high commission staff?? May be not remember. I also can not remember because its only an empty promise. Can you prove this forum if I stayed in Male’ till 17th October you could have paid my salary?? At least half to me and half to rest of the staff??? Please send any bank statement or payment notice and try to clear your name. This may be the last chance.
    Since you all are young and unmarried directors some people justify your act :rolleyes: to bring people from other countries,, resigned from existing jobs ,with all benefits like furnished house, Car, everything?????? Who have children, parents, families and have to work for you without salaries. Until contract is over and stay another one month or so lying in that apartment with TV, DVD. Next time when we go for a job we have to ask from employer, what is his age, how many kids he has? Etc???
    In my letter addressed to the President of R.O. Maldives I gave due payments detail. As per my contract this issue has to be solved in accordance with Maldivian law. I hope that Maldivian Labour Ministry officials will give a fair verdict and send some kind of clarification to this forum. I myself gave all information to them in writing and verbally to head of the department Mr. AbuBakker. As I mentioned before, I was scared to go to Labour Ministry and continue legal battle with them while staying in there apartment. This matter I will forward to Sri Lankan government. Because I was begged them just to keep my bag inside High Commission premises (If you can get permission from executive peon at least then can talk to an officer). You all can’t imagine how helpless I was in Male’. This is why people try to escape and go home even without salary, and these employers take maximum advantage from that.

5. korvello

korvello Senior Member

thank you GAMAGE : WHY TOOK YOU SO LONG? so Nasru is the real crook and the other guy that came here to attack you is just a damage control guy .......WOW - and the money man is he that dumb or just looks that way?..SO THEY HAVEN'T PAID YOU YET? ...........now they claim to have another crew and continuing work with what money?...... do they have another investor ,are they just playing games again and eventually this new crew will go unpaid and the boats will never be finished.....and i tought the all thing was over and would be left with the joke thread!..... well maybe a couple others:D :D :D :?:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  6. safewalrus

At last the truth or probably as near to the truth as we will get! So maybe Gamage isn't the rogue he first appeared to be, partly I might add due to his own poorly made posts and the fact that just maybe he still (despite a lack of wages) thought well of this Shamsheer character who started the business. Unfortunately Gamage you have let your heart rule your head which indicates that you may be a good boat builder but a poor businessman - you still stand accused of trying to present yourself as a businessman, unfortunately it didn't work!! learn from it and stick to building boats!! As to the young directors - you boys did what all young men do with a lot of money and little sense, spent, mainly on the high life, maybe not your fault entirely - you do not send a puppy to round up sheep! n the long run this Shamsheer must be held responsible for his own fall! You had the money, possibly you were doing other things, and you trusted young inexperinced boys to run the show without proper instruction or supervision. I bet they are family, knowing the way people in that part of the world run their business - nothing wrong with it! but you must supervise them properly! And Play fair by Gamage - but I doubt you can or will, so, as he's not family, he will be throw to the wolves - he's already got part way there by his own hand!

This will drag on and on and on and on and...........

It should be closed, finished and everybody involved must learn and move on, but will they? no chance! it will continue............

7. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

I think that at least ,,Gamage ,,can look at himself in the mirror every day ,,,he learned a valuable lesson ,,and an expensive one ,,but he will succeed,,,good luke to you Gamage,,,,,,,,,longliner

8. korvello

korvello Senior Member

was that an apology WALRUS????.... we all make mistakes here and there at least i do acttually is more like 50% of the time and can't even tell wich is wich most of the time ..............yupp that CA stuff, too much pollution from marijuana or just the dirty breath of so manny bums :D ..........please don't tell me you want this thread to stop ,do you want us to go back to watching you pick on FROST? ....it gets better now at least till GAMAGE gets paid[ we need your help here just a little pressure may do it] ....the government still has to talk and the money guy may have to answer a few hard questions to ongoing projects owners and maybe the police or government ,so the conclusion is still a few days away probably.

9. gamage

gamage Senior Member

[

The solution is, as it always was between Gamage and Equadhoo -unfortunately Gamage has taken it to a stage where there is no going back, he has by the look of it gone out on a limb and totally made a mess of it![/QUOTE]

:) :) :)

10. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

one other thing ,, show me some tangable proof,,,can anyone post one or two boats built in this yard?Im leaning toward gamage at this point ,,but want to be fair,,,,,,lets here from your costomers ,,lets see the boats ,,and remember is is a international site ,,followed by serious builders ,,designers ,and sailers,,we can useaully tell when the wind hits the sail,,,,,lets see your proof of existants,,let us see some happy costomers,,if you cant provide this ,,admit that you are bogus and gamage is right and clear his name in the boat building industry,,,,,,,,or clear your companys name ,,,,your turn ..longliner

11. korvello

korvello Senior Member

sorry GAMAGE i missed that one[or did i :?: maybe that's enough ] ...and LONGLINER is right so far from EQUADHOO we have accusations of stollen plans ,lost contracts,new workers are back and happy ......really what about proof of any of those and like LONGLINER said what about finished boats on time ,budjet or something that shows that you're just not a fly by night operation that desperately wanted to try to salvage a bad idea ,bad contracts poor management by hiring GAMAGE when it appears you didn't gave him conditions to succeed and just mislead him or set him up.

12. safewalrus

Actually there's NO PROOF OF ANYTHING! other than the fact that a character called Gamage went to the Maldives and returned some months later! We have a few pictures of some sheds (no proof whats in them) the back end of a boat! We have some pictures of paperwork, non of which is conclusive! for all we know as Artremis states it could all be one big scam - may be it's the same bloke doing the lot for some form of perverse entertainment - at least Frosty is real and a complete idiot who like sto sling the 5H1T - but hell he's entertaining, and he makes you think!

As I said this guy, if he exists, is or has been a complete idiot when it comes to business! He sees a bunch of young men calling themselves directors and setting themselves up in business to build boats, gets himself hired as a Senior Manager (now is this vanity or a desire to rob them blind or both?) Then when it all goes wrong starts slagging them off on the internet, thinking that people will blindly rush in and say "this poor guy has been wronged, we must send a Gunboat to the Maldives to get his money back!"

******** - he's either been a complete fool or he's playing a very clever game! So no I stand by my original decission - Mr. Gamage is, as stated, the wrongdoer here, the company by default has been wronged! Not by the fault of malicious (?) behaviour but more, it would seem, there own incompetance and the fool who lent or gave them all this money which they could not handle!

Yes it's entertaining Korvello, and yes, it would be good to see it end! Not for our sakes, who are being entertained by it, but for those involved, both parties of whom can gain nothing from this!

13. korvello

korvello Senior Member

WOW:rolleyes: :rolleyes: now you're talking WALRUS enough of this playing around this is exactly what this thread needed .........:D :D :D...... some name calling and just drag all this bums out thru the streets ....what was that about that "idiot" FROST are you just mad about something or you've really had enough of this guys!... regardless....... WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU?:D :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  14. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Nah, Korvello, he's calling Frosty idjit because the two of them have this weird kind of love/hate relationship. They really do seem to dislike eachother, but at the same time, each obviously thinks a lot about the other. Long distance relationships often suck arse, you know. :p

1 person likes this.

15. safewalrus

Danish - you trying to get on the list? you gotta be a wierd bugger to come between me and 'Snowy', figuratively speaking that is!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.