Epsom salt battery rejuvination

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

True or false.

Magnesium sulphate added to boiled distilled water and added to a poor batter is reputed to rejuvenate.

As I am about to replace 4 poor batters a mere 1 year old this roumer has gained my attention.

Strangle my bike needs a new battery and so does the car.

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

I think it is a fairy tale, but wait for confirmation from pistnbroke.

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

jeez :p why boil distilled water
    sumfin magic - uhmmm - dunno ;)

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Thats what Im hoping for.

Its well documented on the internet, its full of it works --dont work ---even you tube has explicit instructions on how to do it correctly.

A Farmer swears by another 2 years use and has done it all his life --his dad told him about it.

A professor from Exide was less enthusiastic but said it would lower charging voltage giving the impression of,---but yeah Im gonna wait for piston on this one.

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Well I must say that I am surprised that there really is a lot on this topic on the internet, must say its the first I ever read about this. However

it seems like it certainly works sometimes.
    I personally just dont fancy the idea of playing around with the acid and the fumes. The other problem is you cant really trust a 'hill billy" battery out in the ocean.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.