project with seats

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by ranMan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ranMan

ranMan New Member

I have a 1976 smokercraft. i am going to put swivel seats in it. I am having a difficult time trying to find the stringers to mount the seats to. does anyone know how to find them or any other suggestions on how to mount them? Help!! i am pulling my hair out on this

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Put the seats where they should be, regardless of where the stringers are. (lightly tapping around with a hammer or knuckles might give you an idea where they are by the sound) If the present deck isn't beefy enough to hold screws, attach a base plate of thicker wood or a bigger area piece of metal, glued, screwed and/or glassed in to attach the pedastal to. Sam

3. ranMan

ranMan New Member

putting in seats

thanks that really helps alot. i have been hitting dead ends all over the place

4. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Here's a site more in tune with actually fixing up smaller boats. It's real active, lots of pictures, lots of advice. 'Boat Restoration and Building' and 'Boat Topics and Questions' will help. Sam
    http://forums.iboats.com/

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.