Use of Soric core in conjunction with ISO 12215-5

Discussion in 'Materials' started by wharris87, Jan 13, 2012.

1. wharris87

wharris87 New Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of specifying a laminate that complies with ISO 12215-5, when using a Lantor Soric core?

does that core count as a bulking material, or should it be assumed to be a sandwich core?

Any advice would be brilliant!

cheers,

Will

2. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Why not contacting Lantor direct? I have found them very helpful.

3. fcfc

fcfc Senior Member

Did you got an answer ?

I mailed them for the very same question about Soric LRC, but did not got an answer.

NB For SF and XF have a shear strength > 3 N/mm², so may be OK to be used as bulking.
    For LRC, shear strength is lower, and published data is still preliminary.

BTW, are there other products bulking material/infusion media in small thickness ?

Thanks.

4. Herman

Herman Senior Member

I have a bunch of 3mm Core-Cell A500 in double cut configuration, which could do the job.

Otherwise you end up with either Soric-like materials or Rovicores. The latter being weighty. (fills 100% with resin)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.