Entry Level Job Wanted in Boat Construction

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by joedirt, Dec 30, 2004.

1. joedirt

joedirt New Member

First off I have no work experience in the boat building field. I am 23 and have lot of experience with woodworking and welding. I currently work in residential construction in the Northern Virginia area. I am willing to relocate just about anywhere on earth. I am also skilled in automotive mechanics, computers, and electronices. If you dont have a job for me I would still appreciate any advice.

2. Design_1

Design_1 Water Logged Hack

Joe,
    The best advice is to simply look up every boat builder in your area and start applying. I lucked out, well maybe lucked out, and a friend happened to be plant manager for a motor yatch company. I started as a laminator and worked my way into R&D Tooling, jumped on the first opportunity to go to school and completed my Industrial Design Degree. It sounds like you are about the same place in life I was at 23. If you are in Va. it should not be hard to find a company close to you. Good Luck

3. TrendSetter

TrendSetter Fume Huffer

Dont know if your still looking or not, I am up the road in Annapolis, we do not build boats, however I will be looking for a marine tech possibly in the very near future, all facets could use a good welder wood guy, we do tons of glass work and everythign else. drop me a line privatley if your intersted

4. Conk

Conk New Member

Hi Joe. You say you are will to relocate? What about Vancouver Island in British Columbia? These guys offer an exceptional course in becoming a shipwrite with job placement. http://www.quadrantmarine.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.