Entropy epoxy

Discussion in 'Materials' started by pierreuw, Oct 9, 2013.

1. pierreuw

pierreuw Junior Member

I talked to them directly and they said that the product was suitable for my intended use. But promises from sellers is not enough for me. I will be buying some to run test and will post the result. I will be able to run the first test in the beginning of December. My only issue to run them properly is that I will order their infusion epoxy. Infusion will be a new field for me. I was under the impression that West System is not suitable for infusion. Can you advise me on a good infusion epoxy that I could order to run proper comparative test.

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  3. bpw

bpw Senior Member

Lots of normal epoxies are non-hazmat for shipping. I recently had someone bring me 3 gallons of System Three as checked baggage on a commercial airline. The MSD sheet was taped to the jugs and nor problems even though the bag was inspected.

4. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

I think TANSL is right. The word ENTROPY is meaningless in this instance.
    ENTROPY means "Everything runs down" when left alone.
    EG:- Time, Temp, Oxydation (rust), Life, the Universe, Radiation decay, etc:
    The list is endless. :eek:

5. UNCIVILIZED

UNCIVILIZED DIY Junkyard MadScientist

I'll be curious to hear feedback on how this turns out.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.