Washdown Pump or Water Pressure System

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Pudulax1, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Pudulax1

Pudulax1 Junior Member

Hello -

I am replacing my 1976 water pump on a 76 Egg Harbor Motor Yacht. I have a 4 gallon accumulator tank, and I am trying to determine the difference between a 12V Flojet washdown pump and a 12V Flojet "water pressure system" pump. I don't really see any difference between the two (except a minor gap in amp draw). Does anyone know what the difference is, or have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Patrick

2. 805gregg

805gregg Junior Member

Maybe contect flojet for a recomendation.

3. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

I really don't know. The difference MAY be subtle, as the pumps are (almost) identical. Perhaps even though the flow rates are the same the washdown provides it at a higher pressure. You wouldn't want a water system pump to put out much more than 30psi but you would want more pressure from a washdown pump.

Steve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.