Engineering Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by BillB, May 26, 2004.

1. BillB

BillB BillB

I am looking for a design s/w that does stress loads and material sizing/typing for hulls. There are many “styling” pg’s but I cannot fine a true engineering pg. Suggestions please!

2. bai_fea

bai_fea New Member

BillyB,
    Have a look at Strand7. It is a general finite element analysis (FEA) software with great capabilities for composite analysis. I have worked with other FEA packages but none of those I used compared to Strand7 as far as reading in NURBS surfaces and dealing with composites materials. You will find more info on www.Strand7.com or on www.beaufort-analysis.com (the US distributor). Good luck.
    A.

3. BillB

BillB BillB

Very impressive!!
    I d/ld the domo. I should be able to do something with it in a few years...WOW!
    Thanks!
    BillB

4. bai_fea

bai_fea New Member

BillB,

Sorry it is not what you had in mind. Usually, all it takes to get started is going through the tutorials and a few pointers here and there.

A.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.