engineering CAD (solidworks / pro E) vs. boat software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kwolf, Oct 5, 2013.

1. alidesigner

alidesigner Senior Member

I have tried to update a Swx model after a hull shape changed with iges from maxsurf without success. Most relationships fell apart after the update and the model was a mess. How do you make it work with iges from Delftship?

2. SukiSolo

SukiSolo Senior Member

A SW model should update fine with a new IGES surface. I think you may have to redefine a lot of parametric operations that were dependent on the old surface. It can be a bit long winded but you should be able to rebuild it. Usually it is about features you have referenced in the sketcher or for planes.

Once you get the hang of it, you can clean it up. Can be a bit tiresome but works. Also teaches you how to set up feature dependencies to make it easier should you need to rebuild/reimport the hull surface again.

3. alidesigner

alidesigner Senior Member

Yes that's the problem, a lot of rework since everything ultimately relates back to the hull surfaces. I was hoping FirstLight has found a way to make the model update without having to redefine everything.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.