how to pull 305

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by bellboy77, Jul 9, 2007.

1. bellboy77

bellboy77 New Member

Please help. I have never pulled a boat motor before what steps should i take to pull the motor. I have a volvo penta 280 out drive

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Take the drive out. disconnect the wiring, fuel hose and motor mount bolts. I suggest you borrow or buy a manual and look at the pictures.

3. grady

grady Novice

Hi Bellboy, and welcome to the forum.

I have pulled my omc cobra, two or three times(or more ). And have become quite proficient at it.

First I would do, exactly as Gonzo suggest and buy a repair manual.
    then you can become familar with the what the parts look like and where they can be found. You will most likely find step by step instructions on how to remove the powerplant.

I can tell you that it is relatively easy, and can be done with the average shadetree mechanic's tool collection. The challenge is, how do get the motor up high enough to clear the transom. But, if you have that figured out, your halfway there.

I can give you some advice and tips that worked for me. But aquire that manual then post another less generalized question.

Lots of luck.

Grady

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.