Engine-Powered Pinky

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ALowell, Apr 28, 2007.

1. ALowell

ALowell Junior Member

I'm interested in learning more about this type of boat. I found this picture at the "Civilization Canada" site about Nova Scotia fishing boats and they refer to it as an "engine-powered pinky". I can't seem to find anything else via Google. Does anyone know any details about this kind of boat? What region of Nova Scotia is it found in?

[​IMG]

The original website:

http://www.civilization.ca/hist/lifelines/linsg01e.html

Thanks,

~ ALowell

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The little I can gather of the hull shape suggests a fine entry, probably well cut back. Nova Scotia would be the place to explore and gather research. Your search should include the first powered Northumberland Strait Boats and related variants from other shops and designers.

3. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Attached Files:

4. ALowell

ALowell Junior Member

Thanks for the input. The trouble is that the links you included are all sailboats and don't look like they have much in common with what I pictured other than name. So far, the picture I found is the only motor boat pinky I've found that is a double-ender.

I'm travelling up to Nova Scotia in a few months, so I'll keep an eye out.

~ ALowell

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.