engine driven river boat.

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by lakedude8840, Sep 22, 2010.

1. lakedude8840

lakedude8840 New Member

I am looking for engine mounting and setup information (name, links, pictures) on the small fishing boats used in asia and on rivers that look similar to gondola boats of italy, but are motorized and have the long 6-8 foot drive shaft extending from the top transom mounted engine into the water, and a steering shaft projecting forward from the engine about 5 feet. Thanks.

2. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Called "long tails".

Use google.

3. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

look under DIY marinising on this forum

4. muddin redneck

muddin redneck DO IT IN THE MUD!!!

alot of them have been built right here in this forum under weedeater converions thread. many great ideas and finished motors from a large group of very talented builders on that thread, just give it a look and you will find what your looking for im sure if you dont just start asking questions someone is bound to know

5. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Here ya go.

They are called Mudbuddys

[​IMG]

Dont forget to add some rep points to my Score. Im having a contest with Wadd, to See who can get to 100 points even first. I need to go up and he/she needs to go down. Be sure to help both equally so he does not whine about it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.