Fuel Gauge/Sending unit problems

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by J_Jackcon, Jun 20, 2007.

1. J_Jackcon

J_Jackcon New Member

So my Gas gauge is always on empty, seems that when I take the pink wire off from the gauge, the gauge will move up a bit (Sending Unit contact) and then when I put it back on, it moves back down below empty.

I pulled the sending unit (looked to be ok) but I tried a new gauge and the same thing. So I thought it was the sending unit, so I replaced that. Now, I have three green wires and one pink. Pink is for the sending unit, so are the rest all ground?

It is just getting really frustrating.

2. redtech

redtech Senior Member

one pink wire from gauge to sending unit and one ground wire from sending unit to negitive battery post of grounding block to many wire don't make good connections only thing i can think of is grounding for them there green wires but someone using a/c color code

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It doesnt matter what colour they are--battery /ign to guage to sender to ground.

If your sender has too many wires they will be for low fuel etc.

Just play around with varioue configerations untill it responds

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.