endurance 35-Peter Ibold designer

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ray13, Feb 19, 2009.

1. CheoyLee67

CheoyLee67 New Member

Great Loss

It is very sad to hear of Peter Ibold's passing. There was a US builder of fiberglas Endurance 38s in the late 1990's but unfortunately they didn't last. The Endurance series of cruisers are specialized heavy displacement world cruising boats so they would appeal to a small group of owners. I've been a big fan of the Endurance 44 and if I won the lottery it would be my first choice, especially if built in steel. The pilothouse, the flat deck forward and the accommodations below made it the perfect sailboat for long distance cruising. I did have an e-mail conversation with Mr. Ibold in the summer of 2003. He was very patient and answered all my questions - a real gentleman!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.