compilative thesis

Discussion in 'Education' started by JENO, Jan 5, 2011.

1. JENO

JENO Junior Member

Hi!

I want fo necessity of time to do a compilative thesis.
    What kind of theme or method or model do you think could be interesting to study teorically?

Thanks!!

2. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Can Anglishing wit Ivory Soap ( It floats!) for Roughy in da Harlem River
    in New York might jus get cha a goud grade?

[​IMG]

3. JENO

JENO Junior Member

the themes could be related to ship production, structural design, mooring and vibration and noise..

Please give me some ideas..

4. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

I believe WickedGood was suggesting you brush up on your spelling. I see from your profile that you're in Italy -- so we should cut you some slack there (American euphemism, point not taken too seriously).

On the other hand (often seen as OTOH, damn the texters [e.g., kids without smart phones]), your request for ideas seems a bit broad. Do you have a particular field of interest?

5. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Could you explain me what kind of thesis is "compilative thesis" :) I've neved met it before.
    Thanks!

6. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I can explain the meaning. In Italy there are generally 2 kinds of thesis offered to students:
    1) tesi compilativa - which is a thesis based on bibliographical research
    2) tesi sperimentale - a thesis based on experimental or theoretical research
    The first one (which is what Jeno is asking for), is aimed at demonstrating the knowledge and comprehension of existing scientific work, while the second one is aimed at exploring new concepts and ideas, by using either experimental or theoretical tools and methods. Of course, should Jeno choose the research thesis instead of the "compilative" one, he could obtain much higher votes, but that's not our affairs. :)

Cheers

7. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Thanks for the info daiquiri :)