Could throttle cable be the culprit?

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by TN-boater, Apr 26, 2010.

1. TN-boater

TN-boater Junior Member

Here's what's going on;
    :confused:
    I'm getting nothing to the starter. I replaced the starter yesterday. Shifter is in "neutral" position (I have had some issues with it in the past in trying to find that "sweet spot" in order for it to start). Battery is ok. Reset button doesn't appear to be the issue. I do see a draw on the volt gauge when I turn the key completely over as if attempting to start. Where should I begin to look first? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Boat is a '92 Bayliner 1850 Capri 3.0 4 cyl Mercruiser Alpha One sterndrive

2. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Check the neutral switch in control if its working OK with tester. Then check the starter relay unit on engine and I suspect this is your problem.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.