Electric Powered Personal Watercraft

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by john zimmerlee, Mar 13, 2007.

1. john zimmerlee

john zimmerlee Junior Member

It works! It works!
    Just prototyped the world's first hands-free electric powered personal watercraft. It's foot controlled, has 2 trolling motors, achimedes screw drives, concealed battery, won't flip over, can be car-topped, weighs less than 80 lbs without battery, has built in wheels for easy water access. Now you can chase fish all over the river without putting down your rod and it works in 6" of water. All I need now is someone to rotomold it. check it out at www.streamdancer.com and let me know if you have suggestions or comments.

John Zimmerlee
    email@streamdancer.com
    770-565-4420

2. alaskamokaiman

alaskamokaiman Junior Member

Nice boat what do you think the cost will be?
    Have you had the mould made for rotomolding yet?
    The cost of the mould might give you sticker shock but it it interesting what is being made from HDPE stuff is tough.
    I have Mokai's made from it that have seen -43 in Alaska and over 100 in Phoenix

3. john zimmerlee

john zimmerlee Junior Member

I'm talking to 2 kayak manufacturers here in the South. Both have interest. The foot switches are a little rough and the screw drives need refinement.
    Not sure where to get help on those. I'm hoping that someone will take over the project and pay some royalties. Perhaps it will turn into a job in the paddlesports industry.

Stream Dancer

4. taniwha

taniwha Senior Member

we have a lot of roto mould build kayaks here in South Africa, i could get in touch with one of them if you want. It would fit in our social project see:
    www.wbba.co.za

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.