Electric motors - Do they need to be so expensive

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by Kaptin-Jer, Mar 28, 2008.

1. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

No ...My insurer ask me too much money for this and girl friend vote against the project. But it may change ...

Just some work in London and then in Southampton before going to "la cote d'Azur", not a long trip with a fast racing multihull.
    Uncomfortable, yes, as we have nothing aboard even toilets, but efficiency is here with a 18m mast 2 tons/40 feet boat... till weather decides you stay where you are. That is sailing,
    I happily accept the idea to have a master, a weather master.

And by the end, 2 or 10 litres of fuel burnt to do the trip for 3 friends

With the 5 Kw motor and 48V batteries it will be zero litre

In 15 century, Italians to say zero, used to say ZEFIRO (coming from arab word "as-sifr" meaning empty)

Isn't it fun ?

Have a Good day Richard !

Cheers

François

2. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I am moving my boat to highest concentration of electric boat and start charging for tows....

Electric Motors are for windshield wipers.... That will get all you boiling hot.. lol..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.