About ship lines plan

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by nguyenthanhnghi, Oct 24, 2009.

1. nguyenthanhnghi

nguyenthanhnghi New Member

hi every body, i am a designer, so, i am looking for ship lines plan (all, every type of ship) because i want to collect for modelling 3D in Rhinoceros and make a library about types of ship. I will share it for person who need 3D modelling when i finish.
    Who can help me?
    thanks alot.
    Nguyenthanhnghi
    tuyetsonphiho15@yahoo.com

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

Perhaps you could expand on what you wish to class as a ship. Most of the folks on the forum are dealing with what we usually call boats and not vessels that are normally called ships.

3. nguyenthanhnghi

nguyenthanhnghi New Member

yes, i know that. at the moment, i want to build a 3D ship library (include boats), then i want to share it for students who need it. I think rebuild a 3D model is needed.
    So i am looking for lines plan of Catamaran, canoes, tug, hight speed canoes ...
    from 2D lines plan, i will modelling to 3D model. i think it is very interesting.
    thanks every body.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You will have to deal with copyright issues. Contact differenct engineering and naval architecture firms. Some will license you as a user of their designs. Others may charge royalties or have some kind of arrangement.

5. dccd

dccd Design director

lines

You must be careful about using modern copyrighted/patented hull lines. However, their are many standard long expired "public domain" hull lines to be found in dusty "Proceedings of Naval Architecture" books to create the foundation of a very broad variety of ship and boat hull lines. You can find just about any type of hull from river paddelwheelers to semi-swath and all the "standard" forms in between

Here is some info on CAD lines input:

http://www.modelshipwrightsdatabase.com/Articles/2-DRAWING CREATING HULL LINES.pdf

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.