Electric desalination

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mtumut, Sep 3, 2009.

1. owene

owene Mr Owen Charles

How does a 3m2 panel fit on a 1m long boat? And how short is he.... the vision of a short man laying down on a 1m long boat leaves me in tears. Mtumut - why don't you build the boat out of clay bricks and leave a hole in the bottom to allow for the fresh seawater to flow in easily?

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

The best advice he ever received (mine included)...............:D

3. wardd

wardd Senior Member

you guys are mistaken, the boat is 1 meter wide and 1/2 meter long

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

He is leaving from Istambul to the South Atlantic, rounding the Horn in a one meter boat which has enough electrical power to run an electolisis machine. I guess he must also be cursed and the sun doesn't shine on him. This is stupid. There is no sun to run a still but the solar panels charge????

5. owene

owene Mr Owen Charles

Well the inlet hole for the desalinator should therefore be 1m long by 1/2m wide. The solar panel could be used to cover the hole at nighttime and being immersed in saline would be able to cool down. Good luck mazammutt.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.