Recession depression = doom and gloom

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I thought it might be interesting if members wrote here their experiences with recession.
    My house has been broken into (due to unemployment apparantly) and a freind of mine was beaten with a base ball bat to steal his motor cycle.

Its not only wallets and bank accounts that are changing, but people themselves.

Less boats are being sold in the devestated boating industry to births and marrages.

The stock market talk of recovery 2010--who cares!!--- what about humanity itself.

I myself have little or no respect for banks and my e mails are becoming more and more sarcastic and disrespectful in tolerating their incompetance and lies.

I imagine my emails being discarded carelessly for their sarcasm in offices of cackling women discussing who is having a baby or who's birthday it is.

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

What really worries me is that we Saffas, were hoping to one-day escape all this nonsence - where to gawd knows,
    the amounts of violence that is escalating all over the world is starting to make deepest darkest South Afrika seem perfectly normal
    What worries me is that the folks over-seas have not grown up with the **** - so they dont know how to handle it - and believe me they are in for a huge cultural shock when their poor and hungry go on the rampage
    In my tiny little mind - living in my tiny little world i have come to the conclusion that "you aint seen nuttin yet" this worldly doom and gloom is going to be around much longer than people think and they are going to have to learn how to look over the shoulder 24/7
    I of course am getting a first class education here of how a third world "country" is sliding backwards into a fourth ?? world flippen fu3kup

aneeeeewaaay i thought i would just cheer you up for the day:D

3. BillyDoc

BillyDoc Senior Member

4. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

yeah its good reading
    the world is sure going rotten

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

a long time ago stealing was ok
    something like a game between the tribes
    to see who could out sneak who

but to beat a man near death in the process was considered an aberration
    and frowned on by all
    people were rarely killed in the process of theft or actual combat but instead a system of coup was used
    were one showed bravery and skill in the fight
    it was never intended to be to the death

today the lesson's learned in a village setting are fading and the family system is falling apart with out the help of a village
    it takes a village to raise a child
    two or worse yet one parent just cant do it
    and that child looses the lessons of a group effort
    for the disappointments of being so alone

so the moral code of human interaction is disintegrating with the all for one and one for all ethic being replaced with an every man for himself attitude

its the biggest crime we have going and seldom gets a mention
    my regrets to your friend Frosty
    I hope he has recovered from his injuries

I could blither on long and hard about this one
    but in the end its obvious
    our social structure is breaking down by the day

I regret the loss of humanities greatest quality
    respect

best
    B

6. masalai

masalai masalai

That makes my point of finding a remote village and seeking to be adopted by them and contribute to the betterment of that society...

Global structures may well fall the way of anarchy by the disenfranchised poor who see no other option than to take by violence from those who they perceive kept them downtrodden.... A sort of retribution for the greedy who have accumulated so much at the expense or everyone else...

7. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Humanity, if we can call it that, is entering a new dark era. But don't worry Obama will solve all your problems. The free world will be less free... It will be harder to cruise around... The envious will want what you have. Fuel prices will go up steadily - but slowly. Higher as inflation adds a zero to the price of everything. The stock market is going up not because of improving outlook but predicted inflation. Don't buy gold, buy a gun, a shovel, a plow, a still, a biodiesel maker, and a fishing rod. Everything else is a luxury....

Someday, 75-100 years from now - It will be a better world, I dont think we will see it...and our children will learn a hard lesson and live with less.

8. masalai

masalai masalai

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

actually if you really want doom and gloom
    we are screwed for a number of reasons and the breakdown in ethics is only a symptom

basically we have subsidized an unsustainable population on every last ounce of protein we could squeeze from the oceans and the farmland
    basically the top soil all blew away and we ate all the fish
    now what do you suppose is goin to happen
    all the energy crisis in the world wont mater one bit if there's nothing to eat
    oh
    then there is the eutriphication of the oceans bound to happen as a consequense of the microbial domination of the sea
    dont believe it
    ever notice that Jellyfish are the one species flourishing
    why
    because all that algae and turtle grass is now so overgrown because there are no fish or turtles to eat the stuff that its rotting in the water
    what happens when to much stuff rots in the water
    it eats the oxygen
    ever notice how the oxygen deprived zones are growing like crazy
    do you think that has a tipping point
    cause every piece of blue and black slate is representative of the last two times the oceans went anaerobic and 90% of the oceans inhabitants and 75% of the land died
    its happened before
    and it sure looks like its happening again
    and for the truly frightening part
    might just be happening faster than you think

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Globally we get what we deserve and we are well and truly destroying our future and deserve that for being so bloody arrogant and stupid.... sooner than later, but when - - I am not a prophet...

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Will it all happen after im dead,--- because to be honest I cant take any more readings, numbers ,statistics or scientists pinions which I have over the years grown to distrust.

I really can not visit the global warming thread for the same reason.

12. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Ditto To The Above

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

not sure when but there are estimates anywhere from as few as fifteen years to a long as fifty. Theory is at best we will end up with an anaerobically stratified sea with only the upper 100 meters or so being oxygenated synonymous with Russia's Black Sea. Its happened before and although the exact mechanism is not completely understood both events resulted in the two greatest extinctions, the KT boundary extinction and the Permian Triassic extinction. The primary driver for anaerobic stratification in our present situation is thought to be rapid ice melt with up to a thirty percent reduction in the strength of the gulf stream being already observed over the last few years. The exact combination of contributing factors is under intense study although it seldom makes the news.

frankly its global warming that may have begun our troubles
    but its the oceans that will finish em
    and it barely even gets a mention

I could blither on and on about this subject but I think your probably getting the picture

drink up me hearties

B

if you really want to get spooked
    watch this

14. masalai

masalai masalai

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Boston again - Three cheers for Boston :D:D:D

15. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Me too

i have become soo bad after Jan 2008 that i now play ostrich - *** up and head buried in the sand

i think it was the famous Popeye that said
    "cant take this anymore"

even the whores will start slitting each others throats for that last lousy dollar

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.