Efficient Hull Design for small autonomous solar boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by highamperage, Jan 5, 2011.

1. highamperage

highamperage Junior Member

tspeer, Indeed... and I have a long ways to go before actually building this, I need to work on my software abilities and this is a fun way to do it. If I get that far, I will be testing it in my jon boat, and probably an assortment of R/C boats, and probably a long duration voyage making laps in a lake with no other boats.

I know what you're saying, and this is another reason for potientially choosing a small design, if there were a collission getting hit by a light R/C boat sized device at a snails pace won't *really* be an issue. I know our society is very litgeous, but from a rational perspective hitting that would be better than hitting even a small chunk of driftwood.

Anyway, I enjoy thinking about it, and want to get a general overview of how this might go. I don't want to put any effort into designing a complex control system if it turns out a hull design will require equipment beyond my budget or size range to move, so in a way I am crossing a bridge before I get to it, but is all an estimation.

Besides, this is all just interseting talk at this point. :D

2. highamperage

Bert, Thanks for that information!

3. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

"Oh, why yes, it is. That is why I am posting questions on here. That is why I am using a very small design. That is why I care about efficiency. That is why it's slow and solar powered. That is why.. oh wait... None of these characteristics would be is well suited for smuggling drugs. How stupid of a statement is that?"

Interesting response to a simple question.

First you admit to smuggling and then refer to your own statement as stupid. Your forum name even implies you're "high".

Be careful.

-Tom

4. highamperage

hahahah unbelievable. Well, there has always got to be one or two people like you around!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.