Ecotech

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by dick stave, Nov 24, 2007.

1. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

I don't know where you're trying to go with this. I am looking for power to weight ratio, period. I don't give a s--t about fuel economy. If I thought I could stuff a 496 in a 16 ft. boat I would ( unfortunately I don't think I could achieve the draft and ability to pull it off the gravel bars when I got stuck running extremely shallow rivers). As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe they should have called it " The kick-*** little tuner motor" instead of ecotec to throw them off the scent. Gas engine thread.

With all due respect, d.s.

2. SplineWeights

SplineWeights Junior Member

Damn Straight.... No Diesel, no aircraft engines that have no available marinizing kits! Ecotec or other GAS marinzable high power low weight engines only!

3. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

The V 10's in RV engines seem to run pretty hard and hang together.
    Down hill in an RV still required throttle , so level or uphill is almost boat service.

Or do you need even bigger?
    FF

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.