eBay listing posts?

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by OldNick, Dec 14, 2009.

1. OldNick

OldNick Junior Member

Is it Ok to post an eBay site selling something to do with a topic being discussed? I see posts of company web sites, but I just thought I would check about eBay, as it could lead to self-promotion.

Thanks for any advice

Nick

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

As long as the links posted are in response and helpful to the discussion at hand, and not excessive, I don't foresee an issue. One thing about ebay listings is that they disappear after a while, so a brief note as to what the link was to can be helpful in the long run.

Spamvertising that we ban (almost always new) users for is usually quite obvious and blatant, having nothing to do with the discussion at hand, or constituting a great majority of a member's posts.

Thanks very much for asking.

3. OldNick

OldNick Junior Member

OK. My situation certainly fits the bill. Thanks for the hint about links dying too. I have had that and it can be quite disconcerting. I will post a description and a date of end of sale, as well as a link back to the vendor, in case the ad dies.

Nick

< Proposition | Staying about in the subject >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.