Easily trailerable catamaran weekend boat

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by cluttonfred, May 23, 2019.

1. cluttonfred

cluttonfred Junior Member

I have been considering a small, easily-trailerable (so about 8’ beam, no unfolding or extending) catamaran for daysailing four or occasional overnighting for two.

Right now I am looking at Chat 18 by Richard Woods and Weekender by the late Thomas Firth Jones.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of those two boats and/or suggestions of other designs to consider?

Cheers,

Matthew

PS—I would actually prefer a cat rig with just one sail and I am open to other styles like spritsail or standing lug.

24BA7CF1-AA3F-46FA-BB75-D354B0532AB3.jpeg D43C8D5B-C831-4C1D-B8D8-66860901F5D5.jpeg

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. oldmulti

oldmulti Junior Member

Hi
    Consider the Jarcat 5 meter or Jarcat 6 meter. Both are reasonable sailing boats. The 6 meter has more room and is faster. Jarcats are really well engineered and are simple of build.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.