New to this forum....

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by djeeke, Apr 14, 2009.

1. djeeke

djeeke Junior Member

Hi,

Quick intro...

We've been sailing a few years now and we are thinking of moving on, buy a catamaran within our limited budget and start cruising...
    My 27ft monohull is too small for this and we think the Catamaran has its advantages...

I've been active on a few other forums but have been directed here as I was asking some specifics on an older design cat (budget limits prohibit new/recent boats)

I will post my questions in the multihull forum ...

:D

2. masalai

masalai masalai

A hearty welcome to the dungeon (bottom of the home page) where all the reprobates and others live - I hope you have been watching for a while and know who and how to aviod us undesirables :D

Have a look at the link at the bottom of my post - around AU$300,000 - is that your ideal of "limited budget"? else, buy a second-hand one - look around here for ballpark ideas/pricing http://www.yachthub.com.au/ - others will surely chime in with lots of other ideas - Think carefully where you seek to cruise as regional issues can help to refine your choice...

3. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

HELLO
    I built monos all my life, but cats have certain points for sure, nice webpage
    I have sent to you a pm

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.