Estimated Construction Cost of a Catamaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by ORPHEN, Jun 16, 2014.

1. ORPHEN

ORPHEN Junior Member

Dearest Sirs,

Good day!
    Can you please give me an idea of how much it will cost to construct a reinforced fiber glass Catamaran with a dimensions of 25m x 12m x 3m. Twin screw and can run about 25knots at full speed?

Also for a Catamaran with an aluminum material having the same particulars of the fiber glass.Operation of the vessel will be in in-land waterways or bays. Cost is not limited to where she will be constructed.

Thanks,

Orphen

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Costs vary from yard to yard and country to country. You should ask a yard local to you.

3. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Double what you estimate. :D

And then a bit more.

4. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

& because it's a cat double it again(x 2 hulls) & add another for the inbetween.
    It's a very how long is a piece of string Question ORPHEN,.... twice as long as half way along.
    Without more info, & I'd be guessing anyway, are you building it or buying one?

Jeff

5. RHP

RHP Senior Member

I guess knowing whether the engines are 10hp or 250hp each might impact costs a bit.

6. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

Orphen,

What are you going to do with 25 meter? Ferryboat? It will not fit in the inland waterway (Pasig River).

The largest cat built here to my present knowledge is 23m. (rule length) designed by Robert Cole as a ferryboat (commercial) and complies with local standards (which is realy ABS) cost about PHP 15 million. Search http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasig_River_Ferry_Servic

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.