Visiting Perth 09/2013

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Olav, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Olav

Olav naval architect

Due to some lucky circumstances I most likely happen to stay in Perth during the first week of September this year.

Apart from Perth's picturesque spots I have Fremantle and the Western Australian Maritime Museum (to caress Australia II's winged keel and Windrush's foils ;)) on my list of mandatories as well as I'm keen to visit the PICA.

I however wonder if there are some knowledgeable folk around (Perthians, anyone?) who might be willing to give additional tips of must-see destinations, especially for someone interested in everything afloat (quite obvious on this forum), contemporary arts and ancient (i.e. baroque) music. Or any other hints like where to get the best espresso in town. ;)

Henderson sounds interesting as well with its maritime industry (Australian Marine Complex). Is it worth a visit or am I likely to just end in front of big walls and fences without being able to see anything?

Many thanks in advance!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.