Copenhagen Ships Curves

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by valgin2150, Sep 20, 2004.

1. valgin2150

valgin2150 New Member

Anyone out there can help me with some Copenhagen Ship curves for my naval architecture class? Thank you in advance.

2. Robert Gainer

Robert Gainer Designer/Builder

3. valgin2150

valgin2150 New Member

4. yipster

yipster designer

[​IMG]
    curious as i am i looked at the macnaughtongroup, these? or try a deeper search
    beeing a old advertising designer i only had a few, guess i sort of missed my call :mad:

than again i did have free bending curves

5. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

In the US, the Charrette Company sells ships curves. I don't have their address, but you might find them by google search on the internet. Doesn't someone in Copenhagen sell Copenhagen ships curves?

Eric

6. Robert Gainer

Robert Gainer Designer/Builder

Charrette does not offer very much in the way of variety in shapes and the quality is not very good. It’s just an opinion of course but if you can, I think you should get the full set of curves from MacNaughton. You also can get a set of K & E curves from E-Bay from time to time.

7. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

Sorry, but I haven't been able to find anyone who'll ship them abroad!

8. Eric Sponberg

Mine are K&E curves, a selection & not a complete set, that I bought about 36 years ago in college. They are very good. What you can do is get someone in the US to buy them for you, and then have that person ship them to you.

Eric

9. valgin2150

valgin2150 New Member

Curves

Dear Eric,

Sounds good. What would you like for them? My brother lives in Sanford, so logistically it is doable.

Thank you again,

Vlaidmir Algin

10. Eric Sponberg

I am keeping my ships curves because I still use them. They are a treasure. Perhaps searching the internet for K&E curves will prove fruitful. I have not done that yet. K&E stands for "Keuffel and Esser Company." I do not know if they are still in business. Some other curves that I have are from Linex in Denmark, but which I bought in the US. A search might also prove fruitful there.

Eric

11. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

I am a Dane - DP...

Hello...

Linex still makes acetals - stupid money and import costs - Staedtler (mind my spelling) is a very good mass exported substistute...

See http://www.reuels.com/reuels/page428.html - or look at the Westlawn Yacht Design site for same - a full set of 50 odd curves is extremely hard to find - really hard to find with inking edges ...

I actually found a DXF file a while back and had mine water cut at work - great because you can cut to any scaling and have them cut from any material - good for tweaking those computer generated 'full size station mylars'...

If I can dig that up - I will post it...

Also http://shop.store.yahoo.com/raymond/coshcuset.html - for pricing - USD - on non ink edge set...

Try downloading copernic agent basic from http://www.copernic.com/ - and do a broader search - if you have not already....

SH.

12. Eric Sponberg

Sean Herron,

There is no need for your insulting language. If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. I rebuked you for your bad behavior some time ago on the Boatbuilding.com website, and I am doing the same now. I would advise you to keep your mouth shut if you can't behave in an appropriate, kind and professional manner.

Eric

13. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

I hope you just forgot to add a smilie ;)

BTW: It's spelled "Staedtler"...

14. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

To Concede...

Hello...

Mr. Sponberg there - is right - I concede - a lot of time has gone by since those days and I do get rough about the edges after a long day and a couple of drinks... :eek:

I am a first generation Canadian - made from Danes - and all my family are quite literally pork farmers in Ontario Canada and mainland Denmark - and most of them (probably myself - the greater) are drinkers... :eek:

But thats no excuse for my general misbehaviour is it... :?:

I am getting tired of having to apologize for my over indulgent Mr Hyde... :D

Perhaps I shall go into the woods with a drum and a harmonica... :)

Time to rethink my general level of consumption... :confused:

Carry on then... :cool:

Aside from all that - Sorenfdk - (Soren from Danish Kingdom :?: ) - I really like your drafting style on your site - particularily the motor sailors - nice to see hand work... :!:

SH.

15. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

Well - I'm not that easily offended, and I've been called worse things on this site ("*****", but that came from a swede...). I believe W.C. Fields was right when he said "Never trust a man who doesn't drink!"

Thanks for the nice words about our drawings! I'm more than a bit ashamed about our website, because it hasn't been updated in quite a while now. Of course, we don't do hand drawings any more - it's all AutoCAD, FastYacht and Rhino these days...