Is it a good deal?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by JUSTRITEBOAT, Nov 6, 2010.

1. JUSTRITEBOAT

JUSTRITEBOAT New Member

In the process of purchasing a 2004 Rinker Captiva 282,,,
    Wondering if I got a good deal, geat deal, adverage deal....
    Boat seems to have all the extras,
    496 Mercruser, 243 hours ,brava 111 out drive,stainless props ,full cover , cockpit cover, windless , swim platform w/showr, up graded sterio and cd, gps, louran,,,,etc. Interior is a 9 out of 10 the exterior 7 out of 10 (probably hasnt been polished in 6 years) no bottom paint.

The boat was a repo in 2009

Paying 17500.00 for boat and 2500.00 for a 2010 aluminum Ventura trailer total 20k for the boat.

Any comments??

Thank you

2. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

A quick search showed them anywhere from 15K (for a 2006) to 45K for a 2001. Given the difference I would be cautious, but knowing nothing about the boats in question I don't really know. As for your deal... I think you are doing OK.

3. JUSTRITEBOAT

JUSTRITEBOAT New Member

Thanks for your reply,,,The suggested retail says 29k but like you said I see them for sale anywhere from 18k to 40k,,,,
    Thanks again

4. JUSTRITEBOAT

JUSTRITEBOAT New Member

Thanks for your reply, its a 2011 double axel aluminum Ventura model VATB7225,,,,Deal does seem pretty good almost to good???Have a marine surveyor looking at the boat this Wed....guess we'll see...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.