Drawings for Yamaha Hydra Drive Transom Hole

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by oliver.ilg, May 16, 2009.

1. oliver.ilg

oliver.ilg Junior Member

Yamaha is selling those Hydra Drives here in Brazil, but the local dealer is not capable of providing electronic drawings of any kind. I´m looking for the transom hole drawing. Does any one know where to get those drawings?

2. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

Go to Yamaha's site. Probable but not sure you'll find the drawings as PDF to download. Make a search by Google, sometime an importer has such files.
    Or write directly to Yamaha and explain the situation.

3. oliver.ilg

oliver.ilg Junior Member

Ilan,
    Thanks for the tip. I already tried all Yamaha sites that I could read -there are some in Japanese as well - and they don´t have it... So I guess I will have to continue googling or hoping someone at this forum has another good idea!

4. Ilan Voyager

Send an Email to brazilian importer plus another the US importer or US head quarters, probably the supervisor of the brazilian and for good measure one directly to Japan. That's called making ****. Let me know if they do not answer.

Most times latino american importers do not care of their customers, but the affair becomes sensible when they receives mails from the US headquarters end Japan asking what's happening.

I did that with Yamaha Mexico. It worked. You have to take the strong voice. And as you're protesting loudly put the **** over the head of your reseller. HE MUST GIVE DOCUMENTATION AS IT IS NEEDED FOR THE INSTALLATION. YOU MUST HAVE ALSO THE DRAWING IN THE OWNER'S BOOKLET.

5. oliver.ilg

oliver.ilg Junior Member

Ilan, Yamaha do Brasil (which is a subsidary of Yamaha Japan) is not refusing to provide us with the drawings, as they come with the engine's manual. They will make a hard copy and send it per snail-mail next week. The problem is, this will cost me a week of time and I was hoping to speed it up by finding the drawing "easy to download"...

6. Ilan Voyager

That's a better situation, even if it's too slow. In this case good luck in your search in Internet. Maybe the european sites will have that, for example all the Mercury and Mercruiser manuals and drawings may be found at the Brunswick (the owner of Mercury) european site.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.