drag and resistance calculations in fastship or maxsurf

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sidthecoolguy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. sidthecoolguy

sidthecoolguy Junior Member

hi,
    I have a rhino model of a hull. I was wondering if it is possible to do drag, resistance and stability calculations in either maxsurf or fastship. I have access to both the softwares but i have no experience in using them.
    Also i am trying to find the drag for a donut shaped hull (basically a ring or tire tube shaped hull) I wanted to know if i import such a hull type in the above mentioned software will they work. I know its a very weird shaped boat i am talking about, so i want to know if i import this shape to maxsurf or fastship will these software give me accurate results or will it screw up somewhere. Does rhinomarine work in the same way?? or will it work for this donut boat i am talking about??
    Edit/Delete Message

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.