CAD that prints 'real world' 1:1 dimensions from

Discussion in 'Software' started by Squidly-Diddly, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

standard printer?

I used Solid Works, Inventor, and little proE.

IFAIK, none of these will printout a pic "to scale" (1 to 1 or otherwise) from any printer(store bought or fancy). Seems like that would be real handy, unless you are so deep in the Corp structure that you would never actually touch anything you design.

These guys will tell you to use some other program (photoshop?) but wont give you a clue at to how to go about it, and even then it would be up to you to draw a "one inch" and then start 'eyeballing' what comes out of the printer and start adjusting from there.

Also, which programs let you feed in snap shots (from diff angles) of a complex object and then create a 3D object?

2. dougfrolich

dougfrolich Senior Member

I think you need to have a closer look at your print settings.
    I print 1:1 and scaled drawings all the time on not so fancy store bought printers

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.