Draft Depth Response

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Fanie, Feb 17, 2009.

1. robherc

robherc Designer/Hobbyist

Actually, the transoms are wet because it was a 2 hour redesign from a canoe stern that just didn't have the properties I wanted. I'm not completely done fiddling with it yet, and I'm probably going to raise the transoms another few inches. I'll likely end up leaving 1"-2" (2.5-5cm) of the transoms wet for extra aft buoyancy as you guessed, but I think I can trim it down more than I already have.

2. robherc

robherc Designer/Hobbyist

*****oops*****

...I just looked at that linesplan again....it looks like I posted the WRONG PLAN...the posted plan shows an 18" draft, 30' LOA cat (that I designed in 15 minutes, for a diff. thread), my boat will be 9" draft and 22'6" LOA...here is the correct linesplan (with MUCH less wetted surface on the transoms).

Attached Files:

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Thanks Sigurd, I'll have a play with the spreadsheet.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.