Double Bias Fabric wider rolls ?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by gary1, Jun 29, 2012.

1. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

Afternoon,
    I'am just after some information on Double Bias Fabric-617gm,the widest rolls that I have been able to find here in Australia is approx 1200mm wide. And I am wondering if there is any manufacturer out there that makes it in wider rolls. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank's
    Gary

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Try this place

Attached Files:

3. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

Thank you for that Tunnels I will check them out
    Thanks
    Gary

4. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

He is a nice guy ! only meet him one time but he knew exactly what we were wanting and found it very quickly . I dont know about his English but !:D!

5. Herman

Herman Senior Member

There are machines for multiaxials that are 254cm wide (100"). Selcom in Italy has a couple. We regularly buy 254 wide fabrics there. However, Italy-Australia can be a bit expensive.

6. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

Thank's Herman,
    The wider the better I will contact them then check the freight cost's which will be the expensive part.
    Thank's again
    Gary

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.