DOLPHIN MASSACRE in Japan !!!

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by brian eiland, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Roly

Roly Senior Member

So true Charlie, peacemaker.
    You are a good man.

1 person likes this.
  2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

What the murderers and rednecks don;t seem to understand, is that Humans can wipe out all the sea mammals, whereas fish can never be wiped out, it simply becomes so unviable to fish, the last fish eggs can never disappear, but whales, dolphins, they could go,
    Unfortunately we live with a sub species of"human" these subspecies of which there are many, begat more of their ilk, and their ilk becomes more degenrate, unfeeling, uncaring , murderrous
    There are a fair few on this forum,

3. Roly

Roly Senior Member

Be that as it may, how do we "adjust" their perspective.
    Are their children as monsterous? Hopefully not.We often look at some of our
    parents views with a hint of scorn or downright distrust.How could a child be so malignant. Only out of instinct to survive.

Sunday I watched a pod 20+ of hectors (Maui) playing around the boat.
    We were off Piha at 30m.
    There are only 100-150 of these mammals left. the rarest dolphin in the world.
    Sad but true.:mad:
    One paused by the boat an fully eyeballed us. Really uncanny.
    You wonder what motivated it to do that.
    This species is usually shy.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  4. BerG

BerG New Member

I'm reading this forum and raging up at you idiots who keep trying to justify this by saying "you eat hamburgers dont you?"

My first job after leaving school was cutting up cattle at a meat works, and I can tell you it was a completely different ballgame to what these savage murderers are doing in this video.

The cattle was herded into some yards on the outside of the building- just a normal yard, like the cattle had been used to being in during their lives.

Then, one at a time, they were moved, nice and calmly, into the shock chanber and the door was closed behind them.

At this point they were probably thinking 'wtf' but about 5 seconds later it was all over as they were given a powerful electric shock to the brain, disabling them instantly and with no pain.

There was no tieing up of the rear legs and dragging down the road.

Besides, you cant compare cattle to dolphins. Cattle are dumb, easy to reproduce, and produce a lot of meat.

I'm not religious, but if I was I would say that its pretty obvious cattle have been placed here to be eaten.

Dolphins on the other hand, are awesome, graceful, intelligent, NEAR EXTINCTION, and clearly not very easy to 'harvest'.

Stop trying to justify this crap, and tell your president to send another nuke at Japan.

5. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Well this is the dumbest post so far. Do you have anny idea about how inteligent a cow is? Offcourse not, nobody ever made a IQ test to compare katle and dolphins. Did you ever see wild catle? I gues that means catle would be instinct allready if we did not have those farms.

And electric shock trough the brain you say? I have worked as a electrician for years and I know that electricety hurts. I don't hear annyone here complaining about the jews cutting the throat on live lambs to give to god, but then it's more easy to atack some yellow crap in asia than some guys in midle east having wide political suport in the west.

I think some catle is great looking so that dolphins look bether is just personal preference. I eat Hamburger, chicken, whale, dear, fish and I also tryed to consume snake. Judging other cultures by what they eat is a sighn off low education and understanding. They can kill as manny dolphins as they like for me as long as it hapends painless and without putting too mutch preshure on the population.

The movie was probartly made by some crazy save the dolphin annumals right group where they where going around all off japan trying to fint that 1 person that did not kill in a humane way.

1 person likes this.
  6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

you poat wonderful stuff on Bourbon, but you talk absolute nonsense here

7. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

These are your statements that I find it possible to comment :)

1) That we eat meat is a critical point. If you eat pigs (that are quite intelligent and have hearts that we can transfer to humans!) then I find hard to use the dolphins intelligence as an argument for not eating it. We can mention other animals also; apes, dogs, cats for example.

2) Yes, a quick and painless death is preferable! But you have to take the quality of the complete life into consideration. Many animals kept to produce food live their lifes under terrible conditions. The transport to the slaughterhouse is often quite horrible. You may have seen some European documentaries. Dolphins should of course be killed as quickly as possible. In general hunting may result i a more painful death than in a slaughterhouse, but the animal had the opportunity to live a natural life for some years before those last minutes.

3) I don't know if they are dumb. They look quite social to me. They make friends. One cow gives more meat than 100 chicken. So it's better to kill one cow than 100 chicken? What about a whale? One killing gives tons of food :) What's your logic here?

4) I don't know what species this was, what kind of dolphin. Do you?

1 person likes this.
  8. rayk

rayk Senior Member

I have got the perfect avatar for you BerG.

Welcome to the forum, and I disagree whole heartedly with your first post.

Regarding Japan, lets put this country in perspective by undertaking a little thought experiment.
    • Move half the population of the USA into the state of California.
    • Encourage them to dispose of their garbage nicely.
    • Feed them.
    I have noticed that when the argument becomes heated, there is always an animal lover who will suggest harming humans to defend an animals life.
    Animal killers simply want to kill animals and use them. It is one of the benefits of hovering around the top of the food chain.

Both camps talk of cessation of life, but the animal lovers up the ante to homicide.

Attached Files:

9. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

dolphin,,,,,and porpose...live at every coast and bay ,,in the world that makes for allot,,,not to mention ,,they are in every ocean and sea ,,,if the japanees want to eat all thiers ,,thats their busisness,,, there is a differance between dolphin and porpose,,dolphins live in bays and shallow waters ,porpose live off shore,,,there is also blackfish,,also live off shore .longliner

10. rayk

rayk Senior Member

Oceanography

Every man woman and child eats seafood almost daily in Japan. They eat anything that grows in the sea. They eat all parts of the thing they are eating. No waste. The man in the street can name a dozen different fish he likes to eat. Just fish.

If you want to know something about fisheries management ask the Japanese. Their ports are full of fishing boats. They havent run out of fish. By catch is given to the fishing co-op. It is shame to throw dead fish back in the water. It is shame to ask for money for untargeted species at the co-op. It is a matter of pride to return with a hold full of quota species.

Google 'japanese oceanography', and that is just the tip of the iceberg in the english language. They study the ocean. There are scores of research vessels in Japan of all sizes. There are hundreds of marine biologists and oceanographers churned out every year. They know a lot about the oceans they fish in.

There are very few military sciences that sap talent.

Japanese kids are stimulated and excited by the marine sciences. It is a noble career choice. Like being a rice farmer.
    Fishermen and rice farmers are highly respectable occupations in Japan. Its not for the money either.

Maybe a few western greenies could turn their talent to managing whats left of their own inshore fisheries.

11. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

wellsaid rayk,,and true,,it is not for the money,,but for the furtherment of the people,,a noble cause,as I have stated before ,,,too many talking of too much ,,of things they know nothing about ,,,,longliner

1 person likes this.
  12. Roly

Roly Senior Member

Perhaps they would rather over exploit the worlds oceans than their own waters.

13. rayk

rayk Senior Member

According to whom? Countries that have depleted their own fisheries? NGO's that dont have the ability to conduct their own research?

14. Roly

Roly Senior Member

No offense Ray, but you seem oblivious to the facts however public they have been.
    And,it is widely known that many instances have not been pursued because the "timing" was not good and could jeopardise trade deals. "Political capitulation". Highly admirable.
    Oct 10, 2003
    A five-month probe has ended with the seizure of one of the largest boats fishing in New Zealand for having too much hoki.
    Fisheries Ministry officials boarded the Japanese owned and operated vessel on Friday morning.
    They allege it has been catching up to 20% more hoki than has been declared. The hoki quota has been cut by 10% this year to try to ease pressure on dwindling stocks.

It is but the tip of the iceberg.
    How many breaches do you want?

http://www.seashepherd.org/news/media_070130_1.html
    http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/423466/219341

You seem like a knowledgeable guy.
    But, just what is your agenda?

What! So that gives the Japanese the right to take what they like? Because
    they have "superior" research. Thats Pearl Harbour mentality.

15. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Why is it nonsense? Because you don't agree?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.