Does anyone know what make and model this timber boat is?

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by nulabert, Mar 4, 2011.

1. nulabert

nulabert New Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm thinking of buying this boat and restoring it.

I'd like to know what make and model this boat is so I cant find images of what it was like when it hit the water for the first time.

Any comments would be great

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Those photos don't really "say" much about it, except 1950's. Often a hidden hull number can be found deep in the belly of the boat. It's usually carved into a major structural element, like the keel, inside the transom, behind the instrument panel, etc. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for the boat to go without identification. A title search if you have one may help, as would a registration number search. Other wise you just have to hope you'll get lucky and someone recognizes the old lass.

3. nulabert

nulabert New Member

Hi Par,

Thanks for your post. I've other pictures put up here if you think it might help identify it.

I've spent a lot of time researching early Riva and Boesch but it doesn't seem to be in the league. The dash board looks retro so i think it might be 1970's.
    The 50's boats seem to be a bit more classy with single chrome instruments?

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc423/nulabert/

4. PAR

The dash could have been cut and/or updated anywhere along her history and this wouldn't unusual. The tumblehome aft would be a 70's styling feature, flare would be, but then again it could be anything. If she's in good enough shape to repair, then it really doesn't matter much, just have fun and call it a Nulabert Craft :)

5. nulabert

nulabert New Member

Thanks again Par. The hull looks great on it and I think with a little imagination it could be a classic. Would you know any forum I could post this on where someone might either have one or know what it is.

Thanks

6. PAR

7. sean-nós

sean-nós Senior Member

Hi nulabert, Fergal here :D It looks to be built the same as mine, I can't see why he would build the deck in 3 bits unless he was short on plywood so I don't think it was factory built. When looking at boats like this you should go around with a screwdriver and poke every bit of wood to see whats rotten all to many times I have seen lovely boats on the outside just held together with paint and varnish.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.