Trim tab location

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by alpamis34, Jan 18, 2007.

1. alpamis34

alpamis34 Senior Member

Hi all, my question is going to be about the results of the mislocated trimtabs. Because of the hull form and the location of the rudder ,we had to mount the tabs close to the keel on our 62 ft V hull.As I know from my previous experience,the best location is normally when it is close to the chine.I want to learn what kind of effect is the boat going to be exposed to in this case? Thanks for your comments in advance

2. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

The tabs will probably be ever so slightly more effective controlling the fore and aft trim because they will be in slightly greener water, they will be considerably less effective controlling port/stbd trim because they have lost considerable leverage. This is considering the tabs are sized properly to begin with.

Steve in South Florida

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.