Do we need stuff like this?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, May 21, 2010.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

This was one of two PM's I received from a poster by the handle of ANDREAMOULD.
    This person started a thread - actually 6 on the same subject for molds to sale http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/bo...-euro-location-thailand-32855.html#post367038
    I was never rude to this person and in fact very polite. He attack me with his foul mouth and reading between the lines above, he seems to be a thief in my opinion and I quote from his filthy PM:

Seems to me he never paid the designer any royalties of hulls pulled. And yours truly will not belief for one moment that he bought the plans outright as designers do not operate that way for obvious reasons.

Im not looking for any sympathy or a shoulder to cry on, and I will never go down to this punk's level of idiocy in an argument as he will surely beat me with experience, BUT do we need this kind of crap:?:

Then again, a person's personalty tell a lot about character, such as qualities abilities of same. Good chance that lack of ability and qualities may manifest itself in his achievements and work...

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Do´nt bother my Friend,

I flagged his idiotic advertisement, and I was a bit rude calling him nuts to open 6 threads on the same topic.

We will not get rid of them, thats the nature of the internet.............

I am actually insulted on 5 or 6 threads simultaneously by complete novices and dreamers (and whoosh of course), for not supporting their premature ideas.

Who cares..........

3. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

I agree. I read/post at several forums daily, and have been here for several years -- but very sporadic. Most forums are administered by volunteers, which I find an unfortunate trend. I would be more than willing to offer $1-5 a month for the experience of interacting and experiencing such an eclectic group, but I would expect that money was used to hire troll-guards. I'm not talking about the nut-cases, as they're sometimes entertaining, I'm talking about the shameless self promotions.

4. yipster

yipster designer

not so nice PM's but dont make a fuzz about it, i aint gonna but did
    agreed on the note why open 6 threads but to call him nuts a well..
    than i was pleased to see someone speak out my thoughts that the plugs werent cheap..
    but i was considering it an informative healthy conversation with, lets agree,
    some not to bad looking boats, nicely finished too, ah it was bout the molds eh :D

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

The world is full of that type. Shun them til they go away or grow as humans into better people. Good luck with that. Just don't let them get under your skin.

6. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Agree.. just so difficult to grow thicker skin. In my other life long ago as a musher (ghee.. hoo.. ya know) it was a necessity bcs the "trols" were in a real world not in the www :D

7. M&M Ovenden

M&M Ovenden Senior Member

Haha,
    Teddy, you made me laugh there because I navigate in the mushing world too and can relate way too much to your comment. So just as much "bite" in Europe mushing world as North America I'm guessing.

Murielle

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Only the lead dog doesn't have to deal with them.:)

9. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Apex1 asked "are you nuts" and clearly this guy is; he seems to have gone now. God bless the ignore list; I assume it works on PMs as well as posts.

From his name he was in the business of selling molds. I thought the marketplace was for recycling unwanted stuff not for setting up business.

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thanks Terry..............:D

setting up business is not so easy here. Not the main reason for the existance of this platform anyway.

Have a nice day!

Regards
    Richard

11. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I don't think there is a problem with someone adding too many molds for sale; in this case I found the specific pictures of each boat pulled from the mold being offered and prices to be interesting at least (though it was odd that the pictures were only of the finished boat with none of the molds being sold); my issue initially was the "spammy" title of each thread being titled "bargain mold 1" "bargain mold 2" "bargain mold 3" "bargain mold 4" "bargain mold 5" "bargain mold 6" where the spammy title made me wonder about their origin, rights, etc. I tried to help by appropriately titling the threads to describe what was being offered so at least they wouldn't waste people's time who weren't interested. However, to then Private Message a member "**** OF intervent" is definitely unacceptable and against the forum rules. I had no problem with what he posted, but I don't like things that are presented in a spam-like fashion and if you're going to post "bargain" as the title, then someone comments on the price/shipping/etc, it's not acceptable for someone brand new to respond with curses and insults to someone who has been a long-time contributor to the forum.

1 person likes this.

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

So it pays to be old eh. Where's may cane I need to get some vitamins :D

This guy is a spammer and is into it to get rich quickly. If his moulds are such bargains why would he try to catch anyone abroad, he can just as well sell them locally. He's just scared the locals would cut his throat for him.

Shall we get Frosty to go ride over this bugger with his motorbike ?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.