New Streamliner

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by JFH, Nov 24, 2008.

1. JFH

JFH Junior Member

Hello,

This is the third time I've tried to post pics of the new Streamliner that we just finished. Thanks to this site and some links based on what this forum offered, we successfully made a modern version of an old design. She is 22' long and she has a 7'6" beam. We planked over 1/2 ply on the bottom with red cedar and used ash battens and mahogany planks for topsides. The seamsa are inlaid white birch.

Propulsion is 5.7 litre PCM engine with 340hp and a 1:1 PCM transmission.

Let me know what you think. I have plenty of pics of the process and can answer questions. I would like to know if there is anything close to this out there.

Cheers,

JFH

Attached Files:

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

That is one beautiful boat. No question about it.

Welcome aboard bd.net :) Looking forward to seeing more, much more, of this project.

3. JFH

JFH Junior Member

4. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

NICE work! I wish i had half the amount of patience it would take to get something that nicely finished.

5. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Those kids faces tell the story dont they!
    Nice finish work. What patience you must have?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.