Do I need to begin again ??

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by ford-m, May 16, 2007.

1. ford-m

ford-m I love Epoxy

HI Guys
    I have replaced my transom and my stringers and I started the glassing in stage. I have one layer of mat on the transom and stringers and then IT RAINED..... Water crept into the vents and down into the bilge and I had not drilled my holes through the stringers yet. Water made its way in between the curred mat and now I have a milkey look. So am I worring for nothing or do I need to begin again.

Here is my progress so far, there is lots of photos on the thread

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1342

Cheers
    Michael

2. jimslade

jimslade Senior Member

Sorry, you have to remove any milky colored glass. it will not set up to a full cure. grind and replace

3. fiberglass jack

fiberglass jack Senior Member

look at the brightside you only have one layer of mat down, the water will act like a mould release any areas that are milky are not bonded, i agree with jimslade get out the grinder. do you have a shop jim in markham

4. jimslade

jimslade Senior Member

Yes and no! I just sold my property and am in the middle of building a house and shop in north Pickering. I'm still finishing of jobs at my shop. The price's went to high for me not to sell. I have 5 acres and am moving to 12. Hoping for a Big shop, up from 3000 sq. ft. I also want to get into boat storage.